How to make Chinese Chili Oil from scratch – With 3 Kinds of Chili
Delicious chines chili oil
Table of Contents
1. Ingredients to make Flavoured chili oil?
• 1 pce star anise
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 20 pces of Sichuan peppercorn
• Half of a red onion sliced
• 3 slices of ginger
• 1 spring onion cut in diagonal (1 inch)
1.1. Add Oil in your Cooking Pan
Heat-up the oil to 200°C then Lower the Fire
1.2. Add your ingredients Slowly
Be careful with hot oil – Cook the ingredients for 8 minutes.
These ingredients will give your Chinese chili oil its unique flavour. We will use this Flavoured Oil as base for our Chinese Chili Oil.
2. Ingredients B
We use 3 kinds of chili to make this chili sauce:
– 20g Dry bullet chilly – crushed, not too hot but great for aroma
– 15g of Korean chili powder – for nice colour
– 10g of Dried chilli Long – hot
For information on how to get these ingredients don’t hesitate to contact us at Eazzychinese.com
– 20g of roasted peanuts – Coarse Crushed
– Roasted sesame seeds – slightly grinded
– 15g of fermented beans
– 1 tspoon of sugar + ½ tspoon of salt
– ½ tspoon of vodka
3. Ingredients B will be mixed with our Flavoured Oil:
After 8 minutes remove the first sets of ingredients, then add the new ones.
Start with fermented beans. Stir well. Let the whole thing cool down. Then pour into a glass jar.
You can leave it outside as it can last for a few month. Ideal with many of the chinese dish we love to make at Eazzychinese.