This Chinese Style Pan Fried Twist is an easy and fast recipe for your dinner table or as a simple and nice snack for kids. There is no second rise needed for the dough.
Table of Contents
❣️400g plus two table spoons of plain flour
❣️230ml of warm water
❣️5g of fast acting yeast
❣️One tea spoon of salt
❣️Three table spoons of olive or vegetable oil
❣️One table spoon of sesame seeds
2. Make a dough
· Mix 400g flour, yeast and water together to make a soft dough. Set for 5 minutes.
· In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and sesame seeds. Heat up the oil at 170 degrees, pour on the mixture. Mix well to form a consistent liquid.
· Roll the dough to a half centimetre rectangular shape flat dough.
· Spread the oil mixture on the flat dough evenly.
· Fold the up side of the flat dough in the middle, then fold the down side on top of the up side to form a threefold roll.
· Cut the roll in 22 pieces evenly, about 2cm wide.
· Put two pieces on top of each other, then slightly stretch and twist at the same time.
· Cover the finish twisted rolls with cling film. Let them set for an hour to double their size.
· Heat up a large frying pan, cover the bottom with a very thin layer of oil.
· Put the twist in the pan, at low heat then fry each side for 10 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle a bit hot water in the middle to prevent them from becoming too dry.