This orange and almond cake is super easy to cook, tastes delicious, and won’t break your bank account.
The cake is gluten and dairy-free, and the citrus fruit and melon almond produce a well-balanced aroma. It’s the perfect treat during autumn and winter.
❣️ 2 medium-size seedless oranges
❣️ 6 large eggs
❣️ 250g sugar
❣️ 250g ground almonds
Tools: a 20cm square baking tray or a 6 inches round baking tray, an egg mixer, and a hand blender
Preparation and cooking steps
1. Boil the oranges for 30 minutes at low heat.
2. Cut the boiled oranges into two halves. Use the hand blender to blend them into a smooth paste, and let the whole thing cool down.
3. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
4. Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into 2 separate big bowls
5. Mix the sugar with the egg yolks until the mixture becomes pale and smooth
6. Mix the egg whites until it becomes a hard mixture. If you turn the bowl upside down, nothing will fall. That’s the sign you mixed it well.
7. Mix the almond with the egg yolks and sugar mixture
8. Add the orange paste to the mixture of step 7, then mix.
9. Fold the egg white in the mixture of step 8. Do not over mix.
10. Grease the bottom and edge of the cake tray with olive oil
11. Pour the whole thing in the baking container.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
13. Put the cake on a rack to let it cool down after baking.
👉 Cover the top of the orange and almond cake with foil if burned in the middle of the baking.
👉 Use a toothpick to test the center of the cake after baking for an hour. If the stick comes out dry, it means the cake is fully cooked. If the stick is moist with some cake mixture, put it back in the oven for further 10 minutes baking.
Full Cooking Video
How To Cook The Best Olympian Style Chinese Chive Pocket￼
The Best Coca-Cola Chicken Wing Recipe Ever
Best Kept Secrets Of Delicious Chinese Style Lamb Wrap
The Best Glutinous Rice Balls Recipe Ever Made | 汤圆
This Is How Sea Bream Fish Is Cooked | Special Chinese New Year Edition
The Best Dombré EVER – Caribbean “Pig Ears Dumplings”