Thai mango sticky rice is a great dessert that mixes the sweetness of mango, and the unctuosity of coconut milk. Discover what its one of the most delicious dessert you will ever taste.
Table of Contents
1. Cooking Time of Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Actual cooking time is about 45 minutes, but the sweet (sticky) rice needs to be soaked in water for 8 to 10 hours beforehand.
2. Key Products For this dessert
3. Ingredients for Thai Mango Sticky Rice Dessert
❣️One ripe Mango
❣️One cup of short grain sweet rice (long grain is also fine)
❣️250ml of coconut milk
❣️250ml of milk
❣️3 table spoons of sugar
– Wash and soak the sweet rice in cold water for 8 to 10 hours before the cooking time.
– Cut half of the mango in thin slices, and another half in small cubes about 2cm in size.
– Heat up a pot on low fire, add the milk, coconut milk and rice. Slowly cook for about 40 minutes until the rice is very soft and sticky, and most of the liquid has been absorbed. During the cooking time, the rice needs to be steered constantly to prevent it from sticking at the bottom of the pot.
– Turn off the heat, add the sugar in and mix well.
– Wait for the rice to cool down and scoop out to serving bowls, add the mangos on top and serve.